Thursday, May 23, 2013

* My first wire oxidation ...

This is my first time I tried to wire oxidation...
I used copper wire and patina gel to get wire looks vintage...
 
First, I created wire to be a chrysan flower but it was looks like a sunflower... :)
I also made a handmade toggle clasp...
Then
I started to oxidized them...I follow step by step the rules of oxidation process...but I am skip the initial cleaning process...
I must clean the items which will to oxidized with a solution of warm water mixed with ammonia and liquid dish soap...  

Because I didn't found ammonia in my place, so I am not add ammonia into the solution...

The last process is polished it...I polished it with clear nail polish...  :)
And.....this is the first result of my experiment...
Still not perfect but I'm satisfied with the color gradation effect...so vintage...isn't it?   :)







No comments:

Post a Comment